I am a retired Canadian Speed Skater. While I trained under many highly skilled and well-known coaches over my career, I would particularly note the 7 years I was lucky enough to train under Speed Skating Legend Jack Walters. While he is internationally recognized as the greatest and most influential Speed Skating coach in the history of the sport, I see him as my mentor and personal hero.
Although I have competitive experience in both Long and Short track disciplines, I specialized in the Long Track 500m, with a personal best time of 36.71s. At the time, this was the 20th fastest 500m Junior time recorded worldwide. My career achievements include:
- 7 time Alberta Age Class Long Track Champion
- 5 time Alberta Age Class Short Track Champion
- 2 time Alberta Winter Games All-round Gold Medalist
- 3 time North American Age Class Long Track Medalist
- 7 time Canadian National Age Class Long Track Medalist
- Mass Start 500m Junior Canadian Record Holder
- Mass Start 1000m Junior Canadian Record Holder
- 500m Bronze Medalist in the 2011 Canada Winter Games
- 100m Bronze Medalist in the 2011 Canada Winter Games
- 12th place standing in the Jr World Sprint Circuit
- Alberta Amateur Speed Skating Association Top Male Athlete
- Calgary Speed Skating Association Top Male Athlete
Although I am not currently an active coach, I also have extensive coaching experience, including:
- Calgary Speed Skating Association "SPD1"(Highest level) Coach
- Alberta Amateur Speed Skating Association Development Team Assistant Coach
- "Top Blade" Olympic Oval Advanced Program Coach
- "Summer Speed" Olympic Oval Program Coach
- Kingston Striders Speed Skating Club "provincial level" coach.
Additionally, I have ISU official training as a class 2 track steward and class 1 starter.